Thanks for Your Interest in PVCC
Interested in earning college credit, pursuing an Associates Degree or Career Studies Certificate? Complete and submit the Information Request Form or contact the Admissions team at email@example.com or 434.961.6551.
PVCC offers non-credit classes and short-term training for industry certification, professional development, career advancement and personal enrichment through the Workforce Services Division. For more info please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434.961.5354.
PVCC offers Getting Started Information Sessions at locations around Charlottesville and in the nearby counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa and Nelson. Sessions are held several times each month. Outreach Manager Denise McClanahan will introduce PVCC degree and certificate programs and provide information on placement tests, student services and other resources to help students get started at the college. The sessions are free and open to the public, and no advance registration is required. You can attend any session, regardless of where you live.
- Thursday, March 5: Scottsville Library, 6-7 p.m.
- Monday, March 9: Nelson Memorial Library, 6-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10: Louisa County Library, 6-7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 11: Piedmont Virginia Community College (includes a tour), 10-11 a.m.
- Monday, April 13: Fluvanna County Library, Palmyra, 5-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 14: Southwood Community Center, Charlottesville, 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, April 16: PVCC Eugene Giuseppe Center, Greene 4-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 5: Carver Recreation Center, Charlottesville, 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 7: Piedmont Virginia Community College (includes a tour), 6-7 p.m.
- Monday, May 11: Nelson Memorial Library, Lovingston, 6-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 12: Louisa County Library, Mineral, 6-7 p.m.
On-campus Student Orientation, Advising and Registration Sessions
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) is a special advising and registration session for new students at PVCC. During these sessions students receive an introduction to resources and services, and assistance registering for classes.
Attending a SOAR session is required for high school and home school graduates and non-graduates who are first time college students with an interest in pursuing a degree or certificate. All other degree-seeking students new to PVCC are encouraged to attend. Before registering for a SOAR session, prospective students must apply to PVCC and take math and English placement tests. Advanced registration is required. Contact the PVCC Admissions & Advising Center at 434.961.6581 to register.
Information Sessions for Specific Programs
For general inquiries, please call 434.977.3900.