Military Service Members, Veterans and Families
PVCC is dedicated to creating and maintaining campus-community connections that ensure the entire spectrum of military students has the resources and support needed to successfully navigate their way through college and develop career pathways.
PVCC offers comprehensive services, including:
- Active Student Veterans of America Club
- Dedicated Military and Veterans Affairs Advisor
- Information sessions for prospective students
- On-Campus Veterans Center
- Ongoing academic advising for enrolled veterans
- Support services including tutoring, academic coaching, and more
- Veterans Day and Memorial Day celebrations
PVCC has repeatedly earned top designations in the Military Friendly® School rankings.
Veterans Education and Transition Services Information Sessions
Veterans Education and Transition Services (VETS) information sessions for new military students interested in using VA Educational Benefits at PVCC for fall semester classes will be held on Thursdays from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. on the following dates:
- April 1, 2020
- April 8, 2020
- April 15, 2020
- April 22, 2020
- April 29, 2020
All sessions will be held on the PVCC Main Campus in the Veterans Center, located in the modular offices behind the main building. During the free sessions, attendees will receive assistance with the application process for admissions and VA educational benefits. Important information about military exceptions for residency requirements, placement assessments, financial aid, career services, disability services, credit for prior learning and more will be available. Contact Jackie Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Apply Online for VA Educational Benefits (for Veterans and Dependents)
To find out what specific educational benefits you may be eligible to receive, please call the information service at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at 800.827.1000 or 888.442.4551. You may also visit U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for more information.
Make an Appointment with the Military and Veterans Advisor
Take control of your schedule. Make an appointment.
When booking an appointment the following information is required: name, email, contact number and the type of appointment you are requesting. The online scheduler seamlessly integrates with Google and Office 365 Calendars. You will have the option to send the appointment to your calendar automatically enabling you to set up a custom reminder; an email notification confirming your meeting will follow.
New Online Resource for Veterans and Military Students
On Friday, Nov. 10, 2017, the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) launched CREDITS2CAREERS (C2C), a new online academic and career portal for veterans and active duty military members. C2C is designed specifically for prospective military and veteran students and will provide prospective students with multiple academic pathways to apply their previous educational and military experience towards academic programs offered at VCCS schools like PVCC.
C2C is a personalized virtual counseling tool that will provide military-connected users the ability to:
- Easily and quickly create an electronic portfolio of military, work, and educational experience. The system will extract and record all components of their military career for which credit can be granted by VCCS colleges based on their military transcripts.
- Augment the portfolio with additional courses, examinations, credentials, or other achievements.
- Learn about programs and classes offered by VCCS colleges for any career, as well as earning potential for the specific geographic area where they are interested in relocating or living.
- Access virtual job and career information including a virtual resume builder and a comprehensive national database of jobs specific to the geographic area where they are interested in relocating or living.
Access Credits2Careers Veterans Portal
To access Credits2Careers, visit www.credits2careers.org or click on the icon below.
Use the online HTML editor to maximize your web content composing efficiency.