Shared Distance Courses (SSDL)
All Shared Distance Courses have a section number in the course schedule of .90-.99. Each course will have the following statement in the notes: “This is a Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) online course offered in collaboration with XXXX Community College.”
- myPVCC access (Canvas, Student Information System (SIS), Student Gmail)
- All Student Services (PVCC, NVCC)
- HelpDesk Services (PVCC Blackboard Support, PVCC IT Support, NVCC Technology Resources)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register and pay for a Shared Distance Course?
- All registration and payment is done through the Student Information System in myPVCC.
- How do I get my course materials?
- All SSDL course materials are available through the PVCC bookstore in-person or online. Financial aid funds can be used to purchase these materials if you have award monies available to do so.
- Where do I take my proctored tests?
- All SSDL proctored tests can be taken at the PVCC Testing Center without needing a proctor request form or a prior appointment.
- Simply let the test proctor know it is a 'shared' course. The testing center already has testing rosters for all SSDL courses and the test information.
Please note: PVCC may be on a different academic schedule from the college that is offering your course. Always contact the PVCC Testing Center to ensure you are aware of their hours.
All SSDL courses follow the academic calendar for the school teaching the course, not PVCC's academic calendar. Please pay close attention to add, drop, refund, and withdrawal dates!