PVCC Panther Pantry
PVCC Panther Pantry Mission
The pursuit of knowledge is fueled by nutritious meals. Our mission is to ensure access to free, nutritious food for students that are needy and underserved.
Panther Pantry Vision
We envision a college campus where food insecurity is eliminated because all students have access to nutritious food in sufficient amounts to sustain them while enrolled at PVCC.
PVCC Panther Pantry is operated by the Student Financial Resource center and community volunteers. Items in the pantry are provided through a partnership with the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Kroger, and donations from the community.
The Panther Pantry hours of operation
Tuesday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 11:00am to 7:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
*Please contact SFRC if you have an emergency need outside-pantry operation hours.*
Accessing the Pantry
- Complete pantry intake form (once a year) by clicking link or visiting the Student Financial Resource Center. (Spanish version)
- Pick up food for you and your family.
- Each household will be allowed to access the pantry twice a month.
Be a PVCC student. You can be enrolled in our credit, noncredit, adult education or dual enrollment courses and you are eligible for these services.
How can you help?
- Give – donations of money, gift cards, gas cards, gift certificates, and food donations are always needed
- Volunteer –man the food pantry, data entry
- Advocate – help us spread the word out to the community
Tax deductible donations may be made through the PVCC Educational Foundation, 501 College Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22902 (please reference the PVCC SFRC/Panther Pantry)
Items commonly needed
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
- Boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, macaroni and cheese, dinner mixes/kits, Rice-A-Roni, instant mashed potatoes, etc.)
- Canned meats (Chicken breast, tuna, etc.)
- Canned fruit
- Cup of Noodles
- Breakfast Items (Granola bars, cereal, pop tarts)
- Travel-sized toiletries.
- Gift cards (Staff will purchase food with cards)
All donations can be delivered to M103 (Student Financial Resource Center) during business hours. A food barrel is located outside of the center. Please contact the SFRC if donations need to be picked up.