KidsCollege Program Support Specialist
Full-Time Temporary from May 25, 2020 to August 14, 2020.
Pay rate: $18.58
This position will provide program support and coordination for the on and off-site KidsCollege summer academies. You will work closely with the PVCC Youth Programs Manager and off-site partners to provide administrative, logistical, and programming oversight. You will provide student supervision, support instructor needs, address parent concerns, and act as the primary liaison between PVCC Workforce Services office and the off-site locations. KidsCollege locations include Fluvanna County High School, Louisa County High School, Walton Middle School in Albemarle County, and Piedmont Virginia Community College, serving 1st-9th grade students. You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close communication and ongoing engagement with off-site key constituencies, including off-site school personnel, instructors, parents, students, and summer staff.
- Primary liaison between PVCC Workforce Services office and off-site locations.
- Support instructors and staff to provide consistently enriching, high-quality academies for students.
- Ensure that all paperwork (sign-in/sign-out, attendance, evaluations, instructor forms), supplies, equipment, classroom set-up/clean-up are addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, and professional approach with all communications and interactions with off-site staff, instructors, parents, and students.
- Ensure the safety and security of the students, including attention to all students’ health and/or learning needs.
- Follow all College procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel to all KidsCollege locations.
- Previous experience in leadership and coordination roles with children and youth programs.
- Experience working both independently and in close collaboration with others.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office Programs and Google Docs.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with developing and leading educational/enrichment programs.
- Experience with diverse student populations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.