Workforce Services KidsCollege Counselor
Full-time Temporary from May 25, 2020-Aug. 14, 2020.
Pay Rate: $14.77
Job Description: This position will work at the on and off-site locations to support the instructor needs, provide student supervision, and provide logistical coordination of KidsCollege summer academies. KidsCollege locations include Fluvanna County High School, Louisa County High School, Walton Middle School in Albemarle County, and Piedmont Virginia Community College, serving 1st-9th grade students. You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the students and additional program administrative support duties, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support classroom student management and reinforce positive student behaviors.
- Plan and lead enrichment activities and games during break and lunch times, as needed.
- Supervision of students.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Supervise safe sign-in/sign-out of students.
- Organize supplies and equipment set-up needs as well as classroom set-up and clean-up on a daily basis.
- General administrative and program coordination assistance.
- Ensure safety and security of all students.
- Follow all College procedures.
- Attend training prior to academies start date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working with children in a group setting.
- Responsible, mature, positive, reliable, flexible.
- Able to take initiative, work independently, and work well with others.
- Ability to travel to all KidsCollege locations.
- High School Diploma. Some college preferred.
- Interest and/or experience in STEM and arts areas.
- Experience with leadership roles, leading activities with youth.
- College experience and/or degree.