How to Apply for Financial Aid: Current Students
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available starting October 1, at fafsa.gov using school code 009928.
- The FAFSA is available on October 1 for the next school year. We encourage you to fill it out as soon as possible on or after October 1 to meet school priority processing dates and FAFSA deadlines.
- Log in at fafsa.gov to apply or
- Fill out the form in the myStudentAid mobile app, available on the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android).
- Send FAFSA to PVCC using the Federal School Code (009928).
- Needs Hands-On Help? Get FAFSA help from a Financial Aid professional during Super Saturday workshops.
- I Already Have an FSA ID or having issues with login, contact FSA ID directly. They will help you retrieve your account information.
Step 2: Update your mailing address, email, and phone number in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Keeping your contact information up to date means that the PVCC Financial Aid Office can contact you with updates about your financial aid and more.
Step 3: Already submitted the 20-21 FAFSA? What’s next? Watch for emails from the Financial Aid Office.
- Students can be awarded as early as February 1 for the 20-21 Academic Year. If you completed your FAFSA before that time and are unsure about the status of your financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
Step 4: Check your SIS To Do List to see if your FAFSA was selected for verification.
- 2021 To Do List items must be resolved before you can receive financial aid. Each item has a description of the document and where you can find it. Direct additional questions to the PVCC Financial Aid Office.
- For more information and to view financial aid forms, visit www.pvcc.edu/finaidforms
Help Available 24/7 The Financial Aid Office is available to help you complete your FAFSA and PVCC Students now have access to Financial Aid and Student Accounts support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The support specialist will answer your questions or escalate a ticket to have a financial aid or Student Accounts staff return your call within 48 hours.